Beautiful half hat, perfect for Easter.Approx. Size: Fits Most; 7" x 7" (17.5 x 17.5 cm)Condition: Small pinpoint holes on some flower petals. Not noticeable when worn. See final photo.Mark/Label: None.One of a kind vintage item – Buy Now.
- 1950s half hat covered pink silk flowers.
- White faux seed pearls interspersed in the blooms.
- Built on a buckram base.
- Integrated wire stays on each side, covered in chenille, help hold the hat in place.
Half hats are a brimless shallow hat that usually sits flat on top of the crown - like an extra wide bandeau. The half hat was created by Lilly Dache, who won an American Designer award for it in 1941. Dior designed veiled half hats beginning in 1947. They remained popular during the 1950s and morphed into variations including openwork half-hats comprised of a wired piping frame with flowers, feathers or other trims. Check out Madge's article on half hats
NOT SHIPPABLE TO ITALY OR FRANCE
Shop More Vintage Hats
Photos copyright © 2019 MadgesHatbox Vintage
HOW TO FIND YOUR HAT SIZE
1. Pull a fabric tape measure or length of string around your head just slightly above the ear, across the mid-forehead, completely circling your head.
2. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. You are measuring your head exactly
where the hat will sit in either inches or centimeters.
3. If your measurement falls between sizes, choose the next largest size.
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $150
Domestic Flat rate shipping:
Items may be held on hold for a customer for up to 24 hours. A 20% refundable deposit is requested to hold items for a longer period. Layaway through PayPal is available on any item with 20% down and monthly payments.
Buy with confidence. At MadgesHatbox we strive to maintain the highest standards both in item quality, descriptions and customer service. Don't like it? Returns are available if we are notified within 10 days of item receipt and received back to us within 30 days. Merchandise must be returned in original condition. Refunds will not be issued until after returned merchandise is received and inspected for damage. Refunds do not include shipping costs. If items is damaged during shipping please retain all packaging and notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us before ordering if you have further questions. You can email us at email@example.com